1. Some wonderful friends I made at IHM still remain after all these years. 13 years is a long time but our mail group still maintains the same bonhomie and back-slapping that marked our batch apart. And, yes, the batch names we had like Lemon Hart and Irish Mist helps me to remember the names of a few exotic beverages if anyone were to ask me.
2. I fell in love with the sea when I was at IHM. When the surf is just a stone’s throw away, you can feel your heart turn various shades of green and blue as the sea changed its mood. I still go back to that beach for those memories. i wrote some of my most innocent poetry by its side then. Nobody understood the lines anyways so I was kind of safe with my thoughts.
3. All the spare time I got at college in between boring management lectures to read paperbacks. I would sit right behind the row of girls so that the teachers would not bother about what I was engrossed in so much. James Hadley Chase suddenly became interesting because of the exhilaration that you got when you feared being caught.
4. I got suspended for a week from college for deciding to carry a toy gun to class. During the break, two classmates of mine including a girl and me burst fire-caps until we felt we had done it to our hearts content. Rebelling had its ways but the HOD caught us all red-handed and took us to his office to hand out the suspensions. My Dad was not very proud of what I did. He was pissed off because he had to travel 100 kms to my college by bus.
5. When I fell in love for the first time, in college, my classmates (couple of them) promptly botched it up by mentioning that to the girl in question who was livid to hear that a guy shorter than her had the gall to think about her as a possible date. I got ribbed for it all of the three years.